Hudhayfah ibn Al Yaman
If you ask the sand and the people of Makkah, and the palm date and plains of Yathrib, they will tell you about the truthfulness and seriousness of Hudhayfah. Sincerity was born with Hudhayfah, and truthfulness grew up with him until he was known for it.
He embraced Islam and was truthful, devoted himself to Allah and His Messenger, and accompanied the Prophet (peace be upon him) to extract from his high moral manners and knowledge.
• People used to ask the Messenger of Allah (peace be upon him) about goodness, but I was asking him about evil for fear to catch it.
- The Prophet (peace be upon him) trusted him and admired his truthfulness, acuteness, and his keeping to Muslims' secrets.
The Messenger of Allah (peace be upon him) chose him in the Battle of Al Khandaq [the Trench] for a very difficult mission which is to sneak into the camp of the pagans of Quraysh and their allies in a dark windy night, and he performed the mission successfully, skillfully, and courageously.
• It is enough honor for him that the Prophet (peace be upon him) said about him: "Whatever Hudhayfah tells you, you have to believe."
• He took over control of the Muslim army in the Battle of Nahawand after the martyrdom of An-Nu`man ibn Muqrin and achieve an honorable victory for Muslims with his wisdom.
• He gained the honor of being named "the secret keeper" of the Prophet (peace be upon him).
• He was of wide-knowledge, loving for the acts of worship, modest, and ascetic in the world.
• He took over the control of Al Mada'in during the time of `Umar (may Allah be pleased with him), so he gave the best example in piety, saintliness, and casting away the world and its temptations. `Umar (may Allah be pleased with him) used not to offer the funeral Salah at the one at whom Hudhayfah did not offer Salah.
• He passed away in 36 AH, may Allah be pleased with him and may he reside in the abode of mercy and live in the bliss of Paradise.
May Allah reward him the best for Islam and Muslims.
Please write: COMMENT in this box to verify that you are human