There are 68 acts that nullify Salaat.
1. Uttering a word even if it be forgetfully or mistakenly.
2. Making a Dua that resembles ordinary speech in Salaat.
3. Greeting (even though forgetfully).
4. Replying the greeting by tongue or
6. Amle Katheer – such an action that an observer has the impression that the one is certainly not performing Salaat.
7. Turning the chest away from the Qibla.
8. Eating anything from outside the mouth even though it be little.
9. Eating from between the teeth anything that is the size of a pea.
10. Drinking anything.
11. Cleaning the throat without excuse.
12. Saying ‘uf’.
13. Saying ‘ah’.
14. Saying ‘uh’.
15. Crying aloud due to difficulty, (i.e. not due to the mention of Jannat or Jahannam).
16. Replying to a sneeze by saying Yarhamuka Allahu (may Allah bestow mercy on you).
17. Replying to one, who has asked if Allah has any partner, by saying, “There is no illah but Allah”.
18. Replying to bad news by saying “inna lillaahi, wa inna ilayhi Rawji’un” (Surely we belong to Allah, and surely it is to Him that we return).
19. Replying to happy news by saying, “Al hamdu lillaah” (All Praise to Allah).
20. Replying to surprising news by saying, “La illaha illAllahu” or by saying “Subhanna Allahu” (Glory be to Allah).
21. Reciting any part of the Qur’an with the intention of replying to a questioner, e.g. “ya ‘yahya, hold fast to the Book”.
22. The news of availability of water for one who has made Tayyammum.
23. Expiry of time for one who has made Masah on “Moza’ (leather socks).
24. The removal of these “Moza”.
25. Learning of a Qur’anic Ayat by an unlettered devotee.
26. Discovery of clothing by a naked person.
27. Obtaining ability to bow and prostrate by one performing Salaat by indication.
28. For a “Sahhib e Tarteeb” (one who has never missed Salaat) to recall any missed Salaat.
29. When the Imaam appoints an unworthy deputy (one not capable).
30. The rising of the sun during Fajr Salaat, or the sun passing Zawwal during the two Eids or the start of Asr time in the case of Jummah.
31. The splinter falling off due to the healing of the wound.
32. Deliberately breaking one’s Wudhu or its breaking beyond one’s control. (i.e. someone else’s action).
33. The ending of the Ma’zoors incapability.
36. Becoming impure (in need of ghusl) by being aroused.
37. For a matured person (one who excites sexual desire) to come in the same line in a regular Salaat which both began together in a single place having no barrier in between whilst the Imaam had included her in his Niyyat.
38. The exposure of the “Aurat”
39. Reading the Qur’an by a devotee who has already incurred minor impurity.
40. A person delaying to the extent of one posture after Wudhu breaking while in wakefulness could not return with fresh Wudhu.
41. Passing beyond nearby water for some other or further off nearby water.
42. Going out of the Masjid thinking that Wudhu has been broken.
43. Passing rows in a place besides the Masjid, thinking that Wudhu had broken.
44. Turning away thinking that:
a. one has not made Wudhu, or
b. time of Masah has expired, or
c. one has impurity on him.
All these nullify Salaat even though the person did not leave the Masjid.
45. Prompting someone (in recitation other than one’s Imaam).
46. Saying Takbeer with the intention of changing to another Salaat besides the same one.
All the above nullify Salaat if they occur before the final sitting posture to the extent of Tashahhud.
47. Prolonging the Hamza in the Takbeer.
48. Reading any Ayat from the Qur’an that was not memorized.
49. Performing a posture of Salaat, e.g. Ruku with the “Aurat” being exposed or with Najasat (impurity), which is forbidden.
50. For a Muqtadi to proceed into such a posture which the Imaam is not.
51. For a Masbooq to follow the Imaam in Sajdah Sahw (prostration in compensation for forgetfulness) without cause to.
52. Not repeating the final Qaidah after performing a Sajdah Tilawat of Salaat, which one had remembered to perform after the Qaidah.
53. Not to repeat any posture which was performed sleeping.
54. Loud laughing of a Masbooq’s or Imaam or intentional breaking of Wudhu after the final sitting (Qaidah).
55. Making Salaam after 2 Rakaats in a Salaat of more than 2 Rakaats.
Please write: COMMENT in this box to verify that you are human