Bismillah walhamdulillahi was salatu was salamu ‘ala Rasoolillah, Amma ba’d.
Assalam alykum Ustadhah.
How are you? I feel I need a lot of guidance in regards to my affairs. Especially since 20xx when we relocated our home country. I feel that whatever I do to pursue my goals isn't successful and I'm in a verge of giving up on everything.
I need your wise advise.
Am I doing something wrong? Or do I take it as a sign that it's not meant for me?
Wa ‘alaikumus salamu ‘alaikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh.
Hayykillah dear Ustadhah, no worries...may Allah help you...
It actually depends on respective sequences...so if you could give an example.
I opened a Madrasah (i.e. Islamic School) in 20xx and ended up closing it in 20xx. Started writing Islamic stories for children but got stuck with publishing. Began coaching and seems like it's not moving forward.
I mean only as a case to study the reason;
For examplethe Madrasah or Islamic School might got closed due to several reasons, like -
(1) You might have started without Istisharah (counseling) with the people of knowledge in a specific expertise & Istikharah (asking Allah to chose what is the best for your).
﴾وَشَاوِرْهُمْ فِي الأَمْرِ ۖ ﴿
[آل عِمران : 159]
“[O Prophet] and consult them in the matter.”
[Al ‘Imran : 159]
«كَانَ النّبِيّ صلى الله عليه وسلم يُعَلِّمُنَا الاِسْتِخَارَةَ فِي الأُمُورِ كُلِّهَا كَالسُّورَةِ مِنَ الْقُرْآنِ»
“The Prophet - peace and blessings of Allah be upon him - used to teach his companions the Istikharah in all affairs, just as he used to teach them the Soorah of the Qur’an.” [Al-Bukhari (6382)]
(2) Or perhaps the place you opened the school at, was not a suitable site of educational/commercial areas, so parents were not interested that much. And this needs experts for counseling.
[النحل : 43، الأنبياء : 7]
“So ask the people of the message if you do not know.’’
[An-Nahl : 43, Al-Anbiya’ : 7]
(3) Or may be there were some institutional government policies related to regulations/restrictions which made you stop in the midway. And these multiple and co-related works need a group of dedicated sincere helping hands to come into a sharp focus, one alone cannot cope all these up, so it is not your fault.
(لا يُكَلِّفُ اللَّهُ نَفْسًا إِلا وُسْعَهَا ۚ)
[البقرة : 286]
“Allah does not charge a soul except [with that within] its capacity.”
[Al-Baqarah : 286]
(4) Or there might have problems in getting qualified teachers, staffs and funding which you have no fault in. As such huge projects require an intensive team-work and regular follow-ups with honest effort.
( لا يُكَلِّفُ اللَّهُ نَفْسًا إِلا مَا آتَاهَا)
[الطلاق : 7]
“Allah does not charge a soul except [according to] what He has given it.”
[At-Talaq : 7]
(5) Or may be the advertising policy was not that strong, many people success in there projects due to advertising glamour (!), even though they are not reliable in terms of producing qualified commodities. This is among the permissible worldly means which one needs to take to fulfill his Tawakkul.
[الترمذي (2517)، حسنه الألباني في صحيح الجامع (1064)]
“Tie it up and rely (upon Allah).”
[At-Tirmidhi (2517), Al-Albani classified as Hasan in Saheeh Al-Jami; (1064)]
(6) Overlapping works in the same time might be an obstacle too. In this case one has to prioritize. There might have been other stuffs you were busy in which you had to give time and effort for and as a result there was a lack of concentration.
(مَّا جَعَلَ اللَّهُ لِرَجُلٍ مِّن قَلْبَيْنِ فِي جَوْفِهِ)
[الأحزاب : 4]
“Allah has not made for a man two hearts in his interior.”
[Al-Ahzab : 4]
(7) Our works need to be properly scheduled as well step by step in a gradual progression, assuming a due course of time. There's no elevator to success. You must take the stairs. This is one of the Sunnahs of Allah Almighty in His creation. Thus slow and steadywins the race by the will of Allah; as slow doesn’t mean late, while steady indicates regularity.
(لَتَرْكَبُنَّ طَبَقًا عَن طَبَقٍ)
[الانشقاق : 19]
“[That] You will surely experience state after state.”
[Al-Ahzab : 4]
(وَقَدْ خَلَقَكُمْ أَطْوَارًا)
[نوح : 14]
“…while He has created you in stages?”
[Nooh : 14]
(8) Also our work flow has to be in a gentle mild manner, in a realistic dose.
«يا عائِشَةُ، إنَّ اللَّهَ رَفِيقٌ يُحِبُّ الرِّفْقَ، ويُعْطِي علَى الرِّفْقِ ما لا يُعْطِي علَى العُنْفِ، وما لا يُعْطِي علَى ما سِواهُ»
“O ‘Aishah! Verily Allah is Kind and loves kindness, and He rewards for kindness in a way that He does not reward for harshness or for anything else.”
(9) And I hope you would keep this in your mind as well that some da’wah/educative/business projects require some time to establish, depending on the project type, so do not give up, nor hasten, have Sabr (patience) :
«واللَّهِ لَيَتِمَّنَّ هذا الأمْرُ، حتَّى يَسِيرَ الرَّاكِبُ مِن صَنْعاءَ إلى حَضْرَمَوْتَ، لا يَخافُ إلا اللَّهَ، والذِّئْبَ علَى غَنَمِهِ، ولَكِنَّكُمْ تَسْتَعْجِلُونَ»
“By Allah, this religion (i.e. Islam) will be completed (and prevail) until it reaches a state when a rider while travelling from Sana’ to Hadrarmaut (in Yemen) will fear none but Allah, and will fear the attack of a wolf on his sheep, but you (people) are hasty.”
(10) Also wait for the harvest time even if the Hikmah (wisdom) is unknown to you. It will never ever take place before it’s decreed time.
﴿وَكَانَ أَمْرُ اللَّهِ قَدَرًا مَّقْدُورًا﴾
[الأحزاب : 34]
“And ever is the command of Allah a destiny decreed.”
[Al-Ahzab : 34]
(11) And a Muslim should NEVER give up and carry on having Tawakkul on Allah. Rasoolullah – sallallahu ‘alyhi wa sallam – said while inspiring us to be active and productive :
«إِنْ قَامَتْ عَلَى أَحَدِكُمُ الْقِيَامَةُ، وَفِي يَدِهِ فَسِيلَةٌ فَلْيَغْرِسْهَا»
[أحمد (12902)، إسناده صحيح]
“Even if Qiyamah (the Final Resurrection) comes to any of you while he has a seedling (shoot of a plant) in his hand, then he should plant it.”
[Ahmad (12902), It’s Isnad is Saheeh (sound)]
(12) A ‘Just Comparison’ with a ‘Justified Reasoning’ is also a factor, in terms of quantity, quality and duration.
Not always the one who reads 20 pages in an hourachieves less in quantity than the one who reads 30 pages in an hour; due to the difference between study materials, topics etc. in terms of quality. But what matters here is how much were you benefited by reading and learning these lessons practically and as a result you have become closer to Allah for having more Taqwa.
One should not accuse people saying : “…We see no barakah in your work! You are always lagging behind…!’’
Rather one should analyze the actual factfor which the work sensed a brick wall in the crossway and thus suggest what is needed or just keep silent.
(اعْدِلُوا هُوَ أَقْرَبُ لِلتَّقْوَى ۖ وَاتَّقُوا اللَّهَ)
[المائدة : 8]
“Be just; that is nearer to righteousness. And fear Allah...”
[Al-Ma’idah : 8]
«مَنْ كَانَ يُؤْمِنُ بِاللَّهِ وَالْيَوْمِ الآخِرِ، فَلْيَقُلْ خَيْرًا أَوْ لِيَصْمُتْ»
[البخاري (6475)، مسلم (47، 48)]
“Whoever believes in Allah and the Last Day, let him speak good words or else remain silent.”
[Al-Bukhari (6475), Muslim (47, 48)]
(13) Also don’t be surprised if this happens due to Hasad (envy) or evil eye etc.
(أَمْ يَحْسُدُونَ النَّاسَ عَلَى مَا آتَاهُمُ اللَّهُ مِن فَضْلِهِ)
[النساء : 54]
“Or do they envy people for what Allah has given them of His bounty?”
[An-Nisa : 54]
«العَين تُدخِلُ الرجلَ القَبر، وتُدخِل الجَمَلَ القِدْر»
[صحيح الجامع الصغير وزيادته، حسنه الألباني، رقم (4144)]
“The Evil Eye takes a person into grave (can cause death) and takes a camel into the cooking pot.”
[Saheeh Al-Jami’, Al-Albani classified as Hasan (4144)]
«إذا رأى أحدُكم مِنْ نَفْسِهِ أو مالِهِ أو مِنْ أخِيْهِ ما يُعجبُهُ، فَلْيَدْعُ لَهُ بِالْبَرَكَة؛ فإنَّ العَينَ حقٌّ»
[صحيح الجامع الصغير وزيادته، صحح الألباني، رقم (556)]
“Whoever among you sees something in himself or in his possessions or in his brother that impresses him, then let him make dua (supplication) for him (his brother) to get Barakah (that Allah blesses him), because the evil eye is a true fact.”
[Saheeh Al-Jami’, Al-Albani classified as Saheeh (556)]
(14) Also it might be due to a lack of proper Ikhlas (sincerity).
(وَمَا أُمِرُوا إِلا لِيعْبُدُوا اللَّهَ مُخلِصِينَ لَهُ الدِّينَ حُنفَاءَ)
[البينة : 5]
“And they were not commanded except to worship Allah, [being] sincere (Ikhlas) to Him in religion, inclining to truth”
[Al-Baiyyinah : 5]
(15) Or it might be that Allah did not want you to complete the work because it was not the proper time or to make you focus on something more important than what you intended.
(وَاللَّهُ يَعْلَمُ وَأَنتُمْ لا تَعْلَمُونَ)
[آل عِمران : 66]
“And Allah knows, while you know not.”
[Al- ‘Imran : 66]
So, it is not always that you were mistaken but it is shaytan’s job to make Mu’mins (believers) sad.
( إِنَّمَا النَّجْوَى مِنَ الشَّيْطَانِ لِيَحْزُنَ الَّذِينَ آمَنُوا وَلَيْسَ بِضَارِّهِمْ شَيئًا إِلا بِإِذْنِ اللَّهِ ۚ وَعَلَى اللَّهِ فلْيَتوَكَّلِ الْمُؤْمِنُونَ)
[المجادلة : 10]
“Private conversation is only from Satan that he may grieve those who have believed, but he will not harm them at all except by the permission of Allah. And upon Allah let the believers rely.”
[Al-Mujadilah : 10]
(16) At last do not loose hope in Allah. Be optimistic, have a positive mindset.
(لا تَقْنَطُوا مِن رَّحْمَةِ اللَّهِ )
[الزُمَر : 53]
“…do not despair of the mercy of Allah.”
[Az-Zumar : 53]
(وَلا تَيْأَسُوا مِن رَّوْحِ اللَّهِ ۖ إِنَّهُ لا يَيْأَسُ مِن رَّوْحِ اللَّهِ إِلا الْقَوْمُ الْكَافِرُونَ)
[يوسف : 87]
“....and despair not of relief from Allah. Indeed, no one despairs of relief from Allah except the disbelieving people.”
[Yousuf : 87]
So no worries... Barakallahu feeki.
Jazakillahu khayran Ustadhah.
Please write: COMMENT in this box to verify that you are human