Begging Allah's Pardon has very great benefits such as:
1. Forgiveness of the sins: whosoever acknowledges his sin, he'll be forgiven.
2. Allah's satisfaction and love: seeking forgiveness is one of the important causes that lead to Allah's satisfaction and love.
3. Allah's Mercy: Allah, the Exalted, said:
“Why seek you not the Forgiveness of Allah, that you may receive mercy?" (Surah An-Naml: 46)
4. Elimination of the torment: seeking forgiveness is one of the important causes of elimination of the torment. Allah, the Exalted, said:
“And Allah would not punish them while you (Muhammad - peace be on him) are amongst them, nor will He punish them while they seek (Allah's) Forgiveness.” (Surah Al-Anfal: 33)
5. Much welfare and blessing: Hud said to his people:
“And O my people! Ask forgiveness of your Lord and then repent to Him, He will send you (from the sky) abundant rain, and add strength to your strength, so do not turn away as Mujrimun (criminals, disbelievers in the Oneness of Allah)." (Surah Hud: 52 )
And Nuh said to his people:
“I said (to them): "Ask forgiveness from your Lord; Verily, He is Oft-Forgiving; (10) He will send rain to you in abundance; (11) And give you increase in wealth and children, and bestow on you gardens and bestow on you rivers (12)." (Surah Nuh: 10 -12)
6. Purifying the hearts: seeking forgiveness removes the sin and its effect, so it purifies the heart of the dirt of sins.
7. Seeking forgiveness is the continuous need of the slave. He needs it during the hours of the night and day, in the sayings and deeds, in the unseen and the seen, due to its benefits, its leading to every good thing, repelling of evils, and seeking increase in the strength for bodily and cardiac faith deeds .
8. Forbearing, deliberateness and truthfulness: whosoever wants that Allah deals with him through forbearing; he should be of the forbearers.
And seeking forgiveness make the slave be used to forbearing and deliberateness, and by it, the tongue stands straight and becomes accustomed to saying the truth.
9. Leading an ascetic life and increased worship: seeking forgiveness needs remorse and repentance, which needs increasing the worship. Allah, the Exalted, said:
“Verily, the good deeds remove the evil deeds (i.e. small sins). That is a reminder (an advice) for the mindful (those who accept advice)." (Surah Hud: 114)
10. Expiation of the sins and raising the ranks: Allah, the Exalted, said:
“And whoever does evil or wrongs himself but afterwards seeks Allah's Forgiveness, he will find Allah Oft Forgiving, Most Merciful." (Surah An-Nisa': 110)
And Allah, the Exalted, said:
“O you who believe! Turn to Allah with sincere repentance! It may be that your Lord will remit from you your sins, and admit you into Gardens under which rivers flow (Paradise." (Surah At-Tahrim: 8)
11. Increased provision, wealth and children. Nuh said to his people:
“And (commanding you): "Seek the forgiveness of your Lord, and turn to Him in repentance, that He may grant you good enjoyment, for a term appointed, and bestow His abounding Grace to every owner of grace (i.e. the one who helps and serves needy and deserving, physically and with his wealth, and even with good words). But if you turn away, then I fear for you the torment of a Great Day (i.e. the Day of Resurrection)." (Surah Hud: 3)
12. Increased strength of the body. Allah, the Exalted, said:
“And O my people! Ask forgiveness of your Lord and then repent to Him, He will send you (from the sky) abundant rain, and add strength to your strength, so do not turn away as Mujrimun (criminals, disbelievers in the Oneness of Allah)." (Surah Hud: 52)
13. Repelling calamities and removal of misfortunes: calamities usually occur due to committing sins. Allah, the Exalted, said:
“And whatever of misfortune befalls you, it is because of what your hands have earned. And He pardons much." (Surah Ash-Shura: 30)
“And We tried them with good (blessings) and evil (calamities) in order that they might turn (to Allah's Obedience)." (Surah Al-A'raf: 168)
“… so We sent upon the wrong-doers Rijzan (a punishment) from the heaven because of their rebelling against Allah's Obedience.” (Surah Al-Baqarah: 59)
So, if the slave seeks forgiveness and repents sincerely, the calamity will be removed by Allah's Will. Allah, the Exalted, said:
“Why should Allah punish you if you have thanked (Him) and have believed in Him.” (Surah An-Nisa': 147)
14. The whiteness and clearness of the heart: the sins have bad effects on the heart and may cause its blackness. The Prophet (May Allah exalt his mention, and peace be upon him) said:
“If the believer sins, there will be a black spot in his heart, if he repents and seeks forgiveness, his heart will be refined, and if he insists, it will increase until it covers his heart. That is the rust (Arrhine) which Allah, the Almighty, mentioned in the Qur'an: "Nay! But on their hearts is the Ran (covering of sins and evil deeds) which they used to earn" (Surah Al-Mutaffifin: 14)"
So, seeking forgiveness is a cause of removing the blackness and the rust which may affect the heart due to committing sins.
15. Allah's love: sufficient for a grace is Allah's love. Allah, the Exalted, said:
“Truly, Allah loves those who turn unto Him in repentance and loves those who purify themselves (by taking a bath and cleaning and washing thoroughly their private parts, bodies, for their prayers, etc.)” (Surah Al-Baqarah: 222)
Please write: COMMENT in this box to verify that you are human