Some mothers complain about the nervosity of their children, their frequent yelling, nails biting, hair pulling, mates hitting, thumb sucking, frequent playing with the hair; biting everything such as pens, rubbers, cork; or constant leg shaking or lips biting.
In order to reach a cure, you have to know the reasons because they are either psychological, medical, or educational causes:
Psychological causes as seen by psychiatrists are numerous, of which are:
● A child's loss of family and emotional warmth.
● A child does not feel acceptance and love.
● Persecution of the child by one of its relatives.
As for the educational reasons, they are the most effective on the child's behavior and nerves, of which:
● The control of parents; where the parents make a distinction between the child and its brethren, or force the child to act as they want, leaving no room for it to choose even the simplest matters such as a toy or the color of its school bag.
● Nervosity of the parents or one of them; nervosity is acquired and not innate.
● Making the child feel that it is the source of worry to the family or inside the class.
● Over-pampering the child may lead to aggressive and selfishness by possessing everything it sees and when it gets into the life track, it feels persecuted.
● Discussing parents' problems before the children is one of the main causes.
● Suppressing the child's feelings, such as when a child wants to cry, the parents force it to stop.
As for the medical problems, of which are the following:
● Shortage of Vitamin (D) during the first pregnancy months.
● Activity increase of thyroid gland accompanied by sweat increase and sleep disorder.
● Iron deficiency (anemia).
● Chronic constipation.
● Inflammation in urine.
● Autism and the nervosity of the child increases with age.
● Tonsillitis and sinuses.
● Speech difficulty causes tension to some children if they are faced by mockery or their inability to deliver information correctly.
One of the causes may be the level of the child's mentality; where a smart child suffers from instability because it understands everything which makes it feel lonely or arrogant then it does not like the surrounding atmosphere. So, it expresses that nervously and angrily because it does not get the answer it needs. So, you have to promote its smartness by answering its questions precisely and in a way appropriate to its age. You should buy it a computer to increase its skills and perception in addition to buying it some suitable books under your supervision.
On the other hand, children who suffer weakness in their mental level their nervosity and tension increase when they meet pressures in the family, school, or friends.
● The cure:
If the causes are morbid, you should see a doctor.
If the causes are educational, you may fix them in different ways, of which:
● Making the child feel acceptance, love, tenderness, and do not rebuke it.
● Try to consolidate your child with its mates.
● When you see it tense, try to move its body through sport or light jumping to empty its energy positively.
● If it is in school, encourage it to join the school broadcast team or other activity.
● Let it play and do not be like a watch tower, but put an eye on it without being noticed.
● Pay attention to the toys which promote the mind such as clay or cubes where they help building its intelligence and empty its energy positively.
● Let it express its senses and feelings.
● Let it sleep and eat adequately because the shortage of these needs affects it negatively and increase its worry and tension.
● Detention for a short period that does not exceed ten minutes to make it feel its mistake. Even if it is younger than four years, be with it in the same room.
● When you punish it, tell it the reason of punishment and do not talk to it while it is screaming and repeat to it (As long as you scream, I shall not talk or listen to you) because if you go with its nervosity, it will be its means to get what it wants and hence it becomes a habit.
●Be a good example for it because it learns everything from you.
Please write: COMMENT in this box to verify that you are human