Episode (8) `Abdullah ibn `Abbas
The smart kid opened his eyes on the bright star of prophethood and accompanied the Messenger of Allah (peace be upon him) in all his conditions despite his young age. He approached knowledge with desire and joy ,so the Messenger of Allah (peace be upon him)invoked Allah for him saying: "O Allah, give him understanding of the religion and teach him Tafsir."
• He was known for his generosity, pure heart, beauty, and reasonable mind.
• He was known for his abundant knowledge, high morals, the smartness of his heart , and the ampleness of his knowledge until he filled the entire world knowledge and Fiqh. He was nicknamed by Habr Al Ummah (the scholar of the nation), the encyclopedic man , and the interpreter of the Qur'an. - He was thirteen years old when the Prophet (peace be upon him)died, however he reported one thousand six hundred and sixty Hadiths (1660).
• `Abdullah ibn `Abbas (may Allah be pleased with him)narrated:"One day I was seated behind the Prophet (peace be upon him) when he said: "O son I will teach you some things: if you remember Allah. He will remember you. If you remember Allah, you will find Him before you. O When you ask, ask from Allah (alone) and when you seek help, seek help from Allah (alone). Know that if all people get together to benefit you to some extent, they will not be able to benefit you except to the extent Allah has decreed for you. And if they get together to hurt you to some extent, they will not be able to hurt you except to the extent Allah has decreed for you. The pens have been taken up and the scrolls have dried up."[Good, authentic, reported by At-Tirmidhy in his Jami`, book of the description of the Day of Recompense, chapter 4, 59\667, No 2516].
• Sa`d ibn Abu Waqqas described him saying: "I have never seen someone more understand than him, nor more knowledgeable than him, nor more forgiving than him."
•`Umar (may Allah be pleased with him) appointed him as a counsel to him and said: He is the boy of the elder, who has a questioning tongue, and reasonable heart."
• `Ali (may Allah be pleased with him) appointed him on Basra.
• He passed away at the age of 68 in At-Ta'if.
May Allah be pleased with him and reward him the best for Islam and Muslims.
Please write: COMMENT in this box to verify that you are human