Episode (9) Mus`ab ibn `Umayr
The coddled child lead a prosperous life among the people of Quraysh, a life that is filled with joy and wealth, but the bliss which was available for him did not block his brilliance and clear heart from following the news of Muhammad (peace be upon him) in the hourse of Al Arqam ibn Abu Al Arqam.
When he was near the gathering of pious believers and those who embraced Islam earlier, the words of the Prophet (peace be upon him) touched his heart and soon he became a Muslim, but he hid his Islam from his mother Khunas bint Malik who was of a powerful character.
The Messenger of Allah (peace be upon him) said about him: "I have not seen in Makkah anyone better clothes than him or more prosperous than Mus`ab ibn `Umayr."
• His mother knew about his Islam, so she locked him in the house and assigned gaurds to watch him, hoping that he would return to the false gods, but with no futile. He said to his mothers: "O mother, I am only an advisor to you and feel pit for you, so testify that there is no god but Allah and Muhammad is His Servant and Messenger."
• He saw his gaurds negligent and could release himself and migrated to Abassynia with emigrants.
• The Prophet (peace be upon him) chose him to be his embassador in Medina to teach the Ansar [the Supporters] their religion and to give homage to the Prophet (peace be upon him) at Al `Aqabah.
• He used to prefer his Muslim brothers to his relatives and kins. When his brother fell in captive at the hand of Mihriz ibn Nadlah, Mus`ab said to Mihriz: Tie him well, for he has a very rich mother in Makkah. His brother said to him: Is this your treatment to your own brother? Mus`ab said: Mihriz is my brother but you are not. [Hayat As-Sahabah, vol. 2, p. 270].
• He carried the banner on the Battle of Uhud and fought bravely until he was martyred with the venerable Companions (may Allah be pleased with them all) and may Allah reward them for Islam and Muslim the best!
Please write: COMMENT in this box to verify that you are human